12.07.2014

Week in Review


The week after the holiday is usually a little bit more low-key than the days leading up to it. Each year, we have our holiday party the Saturday after Thanksgiving and we had a blast as usual.  Stacey, Erin and I took advantage of being silly with our photo booth. The best part was we had a live karaoke band that I painful sang with a couple times during the evening. Thank you to all my co-workers for the reluctant applause! 


This time of year makes me crave a warm and "stick to your ribs" kind of breakfast. Oatmeal is so easy and filling when you make it in a slow-cooker over night. I like to top mine with a couple teaspoons of protein packed nuts. Try my recipe and enjoy oatmeal all week by just refrigerating what you don't eat and re-heating each morning. 

Overnight Oatmeal
8- 1 cup servings
 
2 cups steel cut oats
8 cups unsweetened almond milk
4 scoops low-sugar whey protein powder
6 tablespoons chia seed
1 cup dried fruit
 
Place all ingredients into slow-cooker and cook on low for 8 hours.


It was another Pick a Better Snack week at Wright Elementary and broccoli was the snack of the month. I was completely shocked on how many kiddos told me how much they love it. It always makes a dietitian smile when kids truthfully tell you they love a veggie. My first graders loved it so much, I got a group hug. 


Pretty happy dietitian...here is to another week of greatness! 

No comments:

Post a Comment