12.02.2013

Week in Review

Another holiday week in the books!  Thanksgiving week was one of the best I have ever had and maybe it is because I am starting to appreciate every moment I experience. I started the week sitting in front of my fireplace and enjoying reflection and the quiet of the evening.  I am realizing that special moments are rare and to cherish them. I learn and grow from each and try to create a memory that will last through the years. I am thankful for each day I have a moment and appreciate each person who shares them with me. 


My assistant and I made this delicious salad that is perfect for any upcoming holiday moment. 

Festive Holiday Salad: serves 6-8

 

Dressing

¼ c. olive oil

tbsp. + 1 tsp. red wine vinegar

1 tsp. honey

Salt and pepper to taste

 

4 c. spring salad mix

½ c. pomegranate seeds

1 red pear, sliced thinly

oz. honey goat cheese

½ c. walnuts

Mix the olive oil, red wine vinegar, and honey together in a small bowl.  Salt and pepper to taste, and set aside.  In a nice medium bowl, add the salad and top with the pomegranate seeds, pears, walnuts, and goat cheese.  Drizzle the dressing over top, and serve immediately.



Thanksgiving dinner was at my graciously welcoming aunt and uncles home (as it has been the last few years). We had a wonderfully relaxing evening. Dinner was amazing. The moment we realized the turkey was not going to be done for dinner, we were very happy the ham was ready to be back up quarterback. 


The week ended with our stores holiday party with the gang from the Fleur Hy-Vee. It is always a blast to see everyone have a great time outside of the work place and I felt very lucky in this moment to have developed friendships with these two beautiful ladies. It is rare to work with people you can call friends. 

Another year of being extremely thankful, another year of special moments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment