11.30.2013

Farewell to Football

The end of football season is near. This weekend all the local rivalries will face off to complete the regular season of college football. I did make it to one game this year and was extremely happy to not freeze my face off!  It was a beautiful day to end the season with Iowa vs Nebraska and the Third Annual Hy-Vee Heroes Game.  


We had a great seats, a ton of sunshine and a fun tailgate.  Since I am a neutral fan of both teams, I decided to pink it out for the game. No need to choose sides!  It was all about the atmosphere!  I did get a few interesting looks from fans.


I felt after all the traditional Thanksgiving fare we had, we needed a little change for food for our tailgating adventure.  I hope you like this recipe as much as I do!

Hot Pizza Dip

Ingredients

Directions

  1. In a small bowl, mix together the cream cheese, oregano, parsley, and basil.
  2. Spread mixture in the bottom of a 9 inch pie plate, or a shallow microwave-safe dish. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup of the Parmesan cheese on top of the cream cheese mixture. Spread the pizza sauce over all. Sprinkle with remaining cheese, then top with green pepper, pepperoni and olive slices. Cover, and microwave for 5 minutes. Serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment