Canned tomato products are one of the best sources of lycopene, a powerful antioxidant
with heart-health benefits.
• Lycopene is thought to help keep cholesterol from becoming oxidized, which
may decrease plaque build-up in arteries.
• Lycopene may also act as an anti-inflammatory, which benefits heart health.
• Lycopene is better absorbed by the body when tomatoes are processed (canned).
• Have more potassium per calorie than a banana or orange juice.
• Are a convenient, low-cost and easy way to eat more vegetables.
Easy to Use
• Add to hot pasta or rice dishes.
• Mix into guacamole.
• Stir into soups or casseroles.
• Combine diced tomatoes with pasta salads