7.22.2011

Canning Anyone?

When I was a pre-teen, I remember having the responsibility in the summer to take care of the garden. I had to pull the weeds, water and pick the ready produce. I was not really fond of this daunting task, but it kept me busy and off the phone (at least that's what my parents remember the most).

Our garden was huge that summer and mom decided she would teach her girls how to can and freeze the fruits of our summer labor. We learned the importance of jar sanitation and sealing, as well as cleaning produce properly to prevent bacteria growth. During the winter, it was rewarding to have a containers of garden fresh salsa that us girls saved from the bountiful garden.

If you are interested in canning and freezing this year, drop by and visit with me. We have all your supplies as well as recipes and instructions. It's a great way to keep all your healthy and flavorful foods from the summer, at the dinner table, all year long.
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

No comments:

Post a Comment