1.06.2010

Well it is the new year and a new decade. What will you do with it? I found this great quote from a Restoration Hardware catalog (I know totally interesting place) that I wanted to share with you:

'Every person should be born again on the first day of January. Start with a fresh page. Take up one more hole in the buckle if necessary, or let one down; but on the first of January let every person gird themselves once more, with their face to the front, and take no interest in the things that were and are past"

-Henry Ward Beecher

I think this an amazing start to make each of us think of what the new year should bring. We all wish we could magically change things; be thinner, be smarter, be wealthier, be stronger with the list going on and on.

But what is ONE thing that you want for YOU in this new year? Pick that ONE thing and MAKE IT HAPPEN! One thing is much easier to achieve than a list of things and is much less overwhelming.

One thing I am NOT going to do this year, is look at the past. People should only look in the past if they intend to go there. Many things happen to us, everyday, every month, every year. Some good, some bad. None of it can be changed. I am going to live for the present and the future, because I can still have a part in how it all plays out.

Bring it on 2010, I am ready to make this a great year! I hope it is a great year for all of you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment