12.16.2009

Today, while I was driving to work, I looked in my rearview mirror as I was sitting at a turn light. Behind me was a mother and son snarfing down breakfast pizza from a local gas station. Both mom and son were overweight, and the mom could be considered obese. I could not stop staring.

People of the world...please stop the madness! Build a better breakfast!

Breakfast is seriously and truthfully the most important meal of the day. While it is important "to eat something" why not make that "something" a healthy choice? I am sorry, gas station breakfast pizza does not count. A healthier version could be made in less than 15 minutes at your own home and for a lot less money per serving.

Not only should you break the fast BUT break the fast-food! A good breakfast can be as easy as a whole wheat tortilla with a piece of string cheese, melted for 30 seconds in the microwave paired with a piece of fruit. Takes less than five minutes, good balance of protein and carbohydrates=great kick start to the day. Gas station breakfast pizza=loaded calories, higher fat than protein, and a sleepy kid around 9 a.m.

If you are stumped for easy, quick, and healthy breakfast ideas, please email me. I have ideas that will be quicker, tastier and healthier than your routine morning gas station stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment