10.09.2024

"Don't Be Sad" Weekly Wisdom

 

An inspirational quote in black letters on a white background surrounded by tiny red and pink hearts.

What is one thing that makes less sad?

I am not sure if it's the shift if the weather during this time of year but I have felt the shift in my mood. Maybe a little more moments of being blue or a little sad have crept into life lately and I try my hardest everyday to kick it to the curb. I cannot pinpoint what it is but I know I need to make a conscience effort to try and understand what it is. 

To understand, I must reflect on what is happening around me and within me.  Reflection is hard because I cannot find time to do it. The "power in the pause" is the real deal - there is no excuse to finding the time to tap into emotions and how we feel. Insert habit stacking. This past weekend, I realized what little things help shift my mood and help me pause. I really enjoy getting a coffee at a local coffee shop for myself. Don't get me wrong, I love grabbing it WITH friends - but there is something about the solo coffee trip and then coming home and being in the quiet by just sitting at my dining table. Just that small act changes my whole mood and mindset. I was 40 something years old when I learned this about myself. 

It can be anything in your life you do for yourself to help you find the time to reflect. Reflect on your life, your needs, your happiness, your sadness - whatever you need to focus on. And believe me, there is plenty of things you need to focus on involving you and ONLY YOU. 

#realization | #EmbraceTheHellYeah

AE



No comments:

Post a Comment