11.29.2023

"Best Version of You" Weekly Wisdom

An inspiration quote in black letters on a white background surrounded by tiny red polka dots.

Do you show up in everything you do?

How many times do we do things we really DO NOT WANT TO DO?  Maybe we over commit, maybe we are obligated because of work or family, maybe we just don't understand our limits. Regardless of why, we will always be in a situation where we may be doing something we really do not want to do. 

In that case, we still need to show up and do it. We also need to do it as the best version of ourselves. This is not easy. I am that person who reacts badly when I have to do something I do not want to do. Negative self talks overtakes my brain and my disposition which can only result in the worst version of myself. It feels horrible and the whole experience is horrible. 

When I change the tone, show up with my positive pants on, smile and find the tiniest bit of joy in the situation - the whole experience is better.  It is easier to scrub the bathroom tile, rake up 20 bags of leaves or whatever task/event/commitment you are dreading (obviously you know mine now). It is mentally and physically happier to show up as the best version of you - for yourself or for others, it doesn't matter. 

Show up, be great. 

#quality | #embracethehellyeah

~AE

 

No comments:

Post a Comment