1.30.2019

#WeeklyWisdom and Top 5 January Nutrition Noshes

Nosh One. Wisdom.

WeeklyWisdom Top 5 January Nutrition Nosh Inspirational Quote

How does cold weather and winter make you feel?

I never use to really think about this question when I was younger. Winter was just a part of life living where I do. I have long forgotten the snow days during school and the long walks across my college campus in which I never was prepared for and was always missing a glove. 

But now...that is a different story entirely. Of course I love the warmer weather, longer days of sunlight and not having to wear fifty layers of clothing just to walk from my car to my office. I just have realized how winter and cold takes a toll of my mental stability. I get sad and blue during the winter for no reason. I find myself not wanting to leave my house, ever. My body aches a little bit more, I stress about driving and don't even get me started on snow removal. 

Living where I do is also a choice and winter comes with it. It's almost February and truly, we have had winter for about 3 weeks. It is all about perspective. The days are getting longer and April is only 2 short months away. When I have negative winter words, I know I have the power to change my perspective and my thoughts. I can embrace this season of weather and of life. It can be a time to complain or it can be a time to reflect and look forward to what is to come. 

Either way, I am going to try to keep perspective and apologize in advance. 

Nosh Two. #Embracethehellyeah Conversation. 

#WeeklyWisdom Top 5 January Nutrition Nosh Conversation


What makes you say “hellyeah” at the end of the day?  For any question I am asked or I ask myself, if I cannot 100% say hell yeah as my answer then it is a hell no. I want you to embrace saying yes with your whole heart and soul by enjoying every part of your authentic life. At the end of each month, I want to get more up close and personal with you all on the other side of the airwaves and share with you more about my how my podcast guests are I are doing our best  to #embracethehellyeah.
Connect and let me know what you think by emailing me or connecting with me on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter

Nosh Three. Weekly HellYeah!

#WeeklyWisdom Top 5 January Nutrition Nosh and Weekly HellYeah!

January has been cold and snowy and did I mention cold. One this month, we had a lovely snow overnight resulting in at least 7 inches with 30 mph winds, resulting in some lovely drifts all over my neighborhood. My neighbor was nice enough to blaze a trail in the morning to get me started. 

#WeeklyWisdom Top 5 January Nutrition Nosh and Weekly HellYeah!

And I had my moment of when I wished I hired someone to scoop my snow. Then I quickly checked myself and reminded myself I have the ability to do this task myself.  I viewed it as my workout for the day, popped in my headphones and headed out to conquer. This was my before photo of complete dread and I felt the complete opposite afterwards. I was ready to rock the day and turned my frown upside down. 

#WeeklyWisdom Top 5 January Nutrition Nosh and Weekly HellYeah!

This month my tribe finally had the opportunity to get together post-holiday and have a much needed cocktail club. It is citrus season, so I wanted to make sure I chose a cocktail with citrus and so I could also use my new citrus peel toy. Works so great!

#WeeklyWisdom Top 5 January Nutrition Nosh and Weekly HellYeah and Sidecar Cocktail Club

The Sidecar was a strong one with a lovely citrus flavor while making everyone warm and toasty. If you are looking for a great winter beverage you can sip on for awhile, try out the Sidecar. 

#WeeklyWisdom Top 5 January Nutrition Nosh and Weekly HellYeah Recipe

During January, I usually catch up on trying new recipes because it is too cold to do anything else and being in a warm toasty kitchen is a great idea. One I really enjoyed was a power bite recipe from Kodiak Cakes. I thought they were a little too dry to roll, so I did add a little more almond milk to make them roll better. Instead of 2 tablespoons of almond milk, I used 6 tablespoons. I also added a few Spicy and Sweet roasted pecans I shared in this post made with my new favorite sugar-free sweetener Swerve.


INGREDIENTS 
8 Medjool dates, pitted 
1 cup Kodiak Cakes Peanut Butter Power Cakes Flapjack and Waffle Mix 
1 scoop (about 1/4 cup) of your favorite vanilla protein powder 
1 cup natural peanut butter, creamy 
6 tablespoons unsweetened vanilla almond milk 
2 tablespoons chia seeds 
1/2 cup rolled oats 
1/4 cup unsweetened, shredded coconut 
3 tablespoons mini chocolate chips 

DIRECTIONS 
Combine pitted dates, Kodiak Cakes mix, and protein powder in a food processor and pulse until incorporated. Add peanut butter and almond milk and pulse until a sticky dough forms. Remove from processor and place on wax paper or in a large glass mixing bowl. Using your hands, gently mix in chia seeds, rolled oats, shredded coconut and chocolate chips. Roll into small balls and place in the freezer in an airtight container to harden. Store in freezer or fridge and enjoy cold or at room temperature


Nosh Four. Weekly Soundtrack. 

#WeeklyWisdom Top 5 January Nutrition Nosh and Weekly Soundtrack
Just listened to this soundtrack for my last snow scooping extravaganza. Find my #LessStuffMoreLife Soundtrack on Apple Music and Spotify

Nosh Five. What I Love Right Now. 

#WeeklyWisdom Top 5 January Nutrition Nosh and What I Love Right Now

January is also the perfect time to continue my natural deodorant quest. I am trying 2 new brands this month. As of right now, I haven't found one that sticks out as an overall winner. I have found it is good to rotate them and use a different one each day. Maybe my arm pits like variety, I am going to go with it. I have really enjoyed both of these as far as keeping my sweating and scent in check. LaVanila has been great when I am wearing layers and layers of clothing and still sweating. It has helped keep the perspiration away. The Weleda has been working great too and the pomegranate scent is lovely.  I enjoy it being a roll on as Ban used to be my favorite deodorant. Will keep you updated on ones I am trying and what ones win after I have been using natural deodorants for a year. 

~AE

*All views and opinions on products, food and businesses in this blog post are my own and are not sponsored in any way. I just love to share great things!

3 comments:

  1. During the travel, a traveller visits so many new places. He/She will also meet with many new people. These people will help the traveller to make their travel more enjoyable. The traveller can also learn many new things from these new people like they can learn so many languages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's your favourite winter or summer? Here is Anne's take on the different season and also 4 more wisdom talk. Read it now. https://kullumanali.org/shimla-manali-tours/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very good information, i would like to thanks for this blog. Thanks for sharing..
    Shimla Manali tour packages from Delhi

    ReplyDelete