5.22.2019

"Send Summer Soon" Weekly Wisdom

Send Summer Soon Weekly Wisdom

What are your favorite things about summer?

For those of you who have summer all year around, I am a tad bit on the jealous side. Having a variety of seasons in the Midwest is pretty great. About this time of year, I am ready for some heat. Up until last week, I was still running my furnace, so I am ready. 

Summer brings warm weather, longer days, a break from routine, outdoor adventures and way more positive vibes amongst the people. The more sunshine we are exposed to, the more joy we experience in a day and we stress less. We have more opportunities to socialize and be among other humans, which does wonders for our self-esteem.  We are also more physically active which regulates our sleeping patterns. No wonder people in warm climates appear to be happy, zen and well-rested. 

We are always in a hurry for summer to get here and in a blink of an eye it is over. No wonder time passes by so fast. This summer, I am really going to take it all in. I am going to appreciate the green grass (while it lasts before July), the best fruits and vegetables, grilling outside, going for evening strolls, chatting with the neighbors, hearing the birds chirping, listening to the wind blowing through the trees, cocktails on the veranda, boating with friends and thunderstorms. I am going to do my best to not complain about the humidity and make sure I sit outside at night and look up at the stars. Even if it is only for a few minutes. 

There is no time of the year as wonderful as summer. 

#embracethehellyeah | #lessstuffmorelife

~AE







No comments:

Post a Comment