10.17.2018

#WeeklyWisdom and Top 5 Inspirational Nutrition Noshes

Nosh One. Wisdom.

#WeeklyWisdom:  Celebrate Yourself.

Tell me about a time you celebrated you?

A few weeks ago, I had the honor to attend one of the most fun 40th Birthday parties for my friend Lori. She embraced and owned this unforgettable milestone in her life fabulously. It made me sit and think about the last time I really celebrated myself, which takes me to 2 years ago this week.

2 years ago this week, I was celebrating publishing a book, releasing a podcast and attending The Food and Nutrition Conference and Expo in Boston to debut them both. It was a something I was really excited about and proud and celebrated all my hard work by taking myself out to an amazing dinner and night on the town.  2 years has been too long in between my celebrations though.

Just being you is a reason to celebrate. Whether it is your birthday, completing a passion project or breaking your caffeine addiction - it doesn't matter.  It doesn't have to be big things. You don't have to wait for someone else to create or organize the celebration. Just celebrate you.

Nosh Two. Weekly Conversation.

Conversations with Anne Elizabeth Podcast featuring Melissa Joy Dobbins, MS, RDN, CDE

Today’s conversation is with Melissa Joy Dobbins, also known as the Guilt-Free RD®, who has a passion for education through good communication of sound science, smart nutrition and good food.

When I transitioned from a clinical dietitian to a retail dietitian, there was a very new and unknown aspect of my job I was completely unfamiliar with and that was media. I remember when I learned I was going to provide nutrition communications via television, radio and newspaper articles, I about fell over. As I got into doing more with media, I also stumbled upon a few videos of an Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Media Spokesperson and I started watching more of her work to learn more. We then connected through Midwest Dairy a few years later and I truly have been a fan ever since, following her great work and resources she provides dietitians. Her Sound Bites Podcast inspired me to start my own and I feel extremely lucky to be able to have had this conversation with her.


Connect with Melissa on her website, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.

Nosh Three. Weekly #Hellyeah. 

I was very lucky to be included in Lori's special birthday. Lori has been through a lot over the past couple years and I know this was a special time for her, knowing she can do hard things and still celebrate the awesome life she has.  All of us girls enjoyed seeing each other, catching up, dancing, drinking and creating some great memories. I hope Lori has 40x40 many more happy birthdays full of balloons and pink!

Lori Celebrate 40!

Lori Celebrate 40!

40 and Fabulous Pink Birthday Cake
I love this pink cake! I wish I had a piece. I was too busy taking a Jello shot. Oooppss. 

Lori celebrates 40!
Always good to see these fine ladies!  We share some pretty amazing stories from all our adventures. 

Lori celebrates 40!
Heading out on the town. 

Limos and Lit AF
This was take two, the first one was a mess because we couldn't figure out the signs. Shocker!

Birthday Girl Lori makes 40 look flawless!
The Beautiful Birthday Girl, Lori!


Nosh Four. Weekly Kick Ass Jams.

"Celebrate You Playlist" on Apple Music and Spotify
Find this weeks "Celebrate You" Playlist on Apple Music and Spotify

Nosh Five. What I Love Right Now. 

#FNCE 2016 was just the beginning!

This memory is what I love right now. It was the day before I hopped on the plane to Boston and had my freshly new book printed and ready to share with the dietetics world. What a great memory and such a passion of mine to accomplish. I hope everyone going to FNCE this week enjoys every moment because there is no other experience in the world than being around 10k of your peers. And I am looking forward to the future and creating more celebrations of me. 

~AE


*All views and opinions on products, food and businesses in this blog post are my own and are not sponsored in any way. I just love to share great things!

No comments:

Post a Comment