6.20.2016

A Week of Transitions

Hey yo! June is in full swing and transitions and transformations are happening a plenty. Over the past 2 1/2 weeks, I have been in a health challenge with 2 of my girls, Stacey and Laura. I kind of jumped on board after the guidelines were established, but I am still really happy I did. We are focusing each challenge on health and wellness. We are almost done with the first one of 21 days that will end, ironically at 11:59 pm on the 21st. I am transforming myself into a healthier me and I am kind of digging it. The next challenge is a little longer and a little tougher, but that is perfect to keep me on track this summer. 


Along with my own personal wellness challenge, I am assisting Hy-Vee Fitness's personal trainer Andrew, get kids fit over a 5 week fitness and nutrition challenge this summer. We are 2 weeks in and it was perfect timing to talk National Dairy Month. We focused on how milk really does a body good and how chocolate milk (yes creamy and delicious chocolate milk) is the BEST recovery drink after a any physical activity. Move over sports drinks....who doesn't love chocolate milk? 


This week, I also spent some time talking, catching up and laughing with a couple of my favorite people, Amanda and Jodi. Jodi drew this adorable little picture and this "Picasso" gives a pretty great idea of this friendship. Jodi and I like to refer to ourselves as the "oldies but goodies."  


Friday was one of my biggest transitions of the year so far. I had completed by services as President of the Iowa Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. A year never seemed so short!  It was one of the greatest experiences I have ever been bestowed. I was supported by a fantastic Board and Council who unselfishly volunteered their time to continue the greatness that is the Iowa Academy. I decided to greet my ladies and gents with a few breakfast noshes to get the day started as a thank you for all they have done over the past year. I am very proud of all that was accomplished and looking forward to all that will be accomplished in the future. 

Executive Board Iowa Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics 2015-16. Lori Winborn (Past President), Anne Cundiff (President), Christy Freese (President Elect)
My predecessor, Lori, was a phenomenal leader and teacher. She was always there for support and guidance, which was vastly needed on occasion. My successor Christy, was also inspiring by the way she processed and thought out next steps and the future needs of the Iowa Academy. Pretty proud of the Executive Board of 2015-16. 


Then it was time to pass the gavel and Christy became the 2016-17 President of the Iowa Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. 


And here is the new Executive Board of 2016-17, me, Christy and our new President Elect, Becky Prostine. These ladies are going to do amazing things, you just watch!


This president was ready for a little celebratory cocktail. The night was beautiful on Friday and it was great to slip off my shoes and sip on something cold. 


The week ended with it being Father's Day Weekend and my first Father's Day without my Dad. This picture was taken 2 years ago on Father's Day and it just makes me smile. My Dad always was so happy to see me. He gave the best hugs and kisses any girl would love. I missed those this year. But reflecting over the past week, I felt them. I felt the hugs and kisses of a proud and loving father. And that is all I could ask for when he is worlds away.  


AE

No comments:

Post a Comment