3.07.2016

Celebrating in Paradise

This new year brought on the year of 40. Not one bit sad or concerned, just ready to rock it like no other. I wanted to do something to get away, relax and soak in all the wonder of the last 40 years, as well as prepare for all the wonder of the next 40.


Cancun with my great friend Brenda was the perfect fit. Brenda made the whole trip "just right" as Goldielocks did the porridge for the 3 bears. How cute is my pink birthday bed? She made the sign herself, packed that and the other decorations to make my day this special. Mind blown!! 

We headed off to the beach for sun, sand and cocktails. 




As the sun was setting, we decided to head back to our room. 




We were greeted with birthday champs from the management.



Perfect way to prep ourselves for a night out for dining, a little celebrating, and a few random hugs. 



And who could celebrate without this? 



And cake by the ocean....



Our trip did not involve anything adventurous or earth shattering. Just a week full of lounging, sunning and having girl time. 

We ventured out for a walk down the coast one morning to soak in all the beauty that surrounded us. 



And to think about how every day is another day to grab the world by the horns and make something out of it. No more wasting, regretting, feeling sorry or ungrateful for all the beauty there is in my life.



I got to have this moment and 40 years of many other amazing moments that have shaped my life. Some of them were happy, heartbreaking, lesson learning and glimpses of the future and what can be. 

I know I am not promised one second of my life, but I am so damn happy. Every second I have had has been mine, all mine. 



I am going to carry the exhilarating feeling of the sand between my toes and the ocean by my side with me everywhere I go. It is my bliss, it is my happy place, it is where I belong. And while I am not there right now, my soul is and my body will return there. 


This journey called life has been pretty bad ass. I know whatever that is to come is what I will make of it. I will go after it, no matter how far I have to go. And I know I will not be alone. 



Here's to 40. Here's to life. Here's to getting shit done. Here's to being magic. 



Here's to pure joy! 

AE 

No comments:

Post a Comment