10.27.2015

Halloween Week in Pre-view

It is the last week of October and that screams Halloween. We celebrated Halloween in the store this past week and had a pretty fun trick or treat event for over 300 kids.
I had to share this picture of sno balls because it reminds me so much of my Dad and Halloween. I remember Dad coming to Omaha while I was in college during Halloween week. He brought me a package of orange sno balls as my treat. I have been a lover of them ever since. Coincidence that there was a cart of these back by the time clock. Love it when my Dad says hello in special ways.
Halloween is also my Dad's holiday. He would decorate our front porch and play spooky music for all the trick or treaters. Not to mention his love for shopping for Halloween candy....we always had the best candy - Snickers, Baby Ruth's, Kit Kats, Almond Joys. If it was a candy bar with chocolate, peanuts and caramel, we had a bag of it. I love his sweet tooth, it makes me smile.




We had a variety of candy all over the store, but as the dietitian, I had to have something a little different.




So, I had a special witch by my side to lure the kids our way.  Even big kids.  







I handed out tooth brushes and a healthy snack mix. Both were a hit!  Yes, even the tooth brushes!  Halloween is about candy and treats, but a healthier snack mix can be a treat too for kids and adults.
Here is my easy recipe:

2 cups of Wheat Chex
1 cup of Golden Raisins (my favorite)
1 cup raw pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips

Portion out 1/3 cup into snack bags and serve.


Happy Halloween! 


No comments:

Post a Comment