12.28.2014

Week in Review

 
Happy Happy Holidays!  I hope you had an amazing one with family and friends or whoever is special to you!  I enjoyed the holiday with some of my favorite people and appreciated the very low-key days we had together. Mr. and Mrs. Claus were up to only good things of course!  Love these two!  I couldn't imagine having anyone else as my parents! Christmas Day was celebrated with my Gramma and Poppo with a delicious brunch and fantastic conversation. It was gorgeous out, sun and 46 degrees. It was a pretty perfect day in Panama, Iowa.

 
Over the past couple of years we kind of started a new tradition by having crab legs on Christmas. Lucky for me, I work at the best Hy-Vee in the land and my friend John hooked me up with a few pounds of Alaskan deliciousness. I love that we dress the table with newspapers, melted butter, lots of napkins and tools for crab attacking. Which is exactly what I did.

 
We shared in our seafood delight with my cousin Christine and her husband Denis. No one was safe at the table this year. I got a little crazy cracking my crab. Denis and Christine took some home on their heads and the window also got a little taste. 
 
 
This year has been a year. I cannot say it has been my favorite year, but it has been a year of learning and growing. I am hopeful for all that 2015 has to offer and look forward to what lies ahead, whatever it is. I hope as the year closes, you have fond memories, moments that you learned something new, have met a new friend, have faced one of your fears and conquered it and you are ready to not look back and continue to look forward.
 
Here's to 2014!   

       



No comments:

Post a Comment