10.26.2014

Week in Review


This past week, my travels took me to Atlanta, Georgia for our national dietetic convention. It was humbling to be around that many peers in my profession. So much knowledge about the career I love. 


I got to work and recruit volunteers for a program that is very close to my heart, Kids Eat Right and the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Foundation. Kids Eat Right encourages dietitians to educate and assist children, parents and childcare providers to promote healthy eating, cooking and shopping. This program also funds scholarships and numerous grants to promote this effort. 


I got to attend some stellar lectures, sample new and exciting food products and indulge in amazing food. The opening ceremony was inspiring. 


I ventured out into the city and had legit southern food: shrimp and grits, collard greens and black eyed peas. And I couldn't have this delicious meal without corn bread, biscuits and peach cobbler. 


The finally night was a great experience as a fundraiser for Kids Eat Right.


 The gala gave us a reason to dress up and be among the greats who work hard with this effort. I feel lucky to work with this great team of women!

  


Thank you Atlanta for a great experience!  And thank you to all the amazing dietitians in this world who keep me going and knowing we are the nutritional professionals! 



No comments:

Post a Comment