3.16.2014

Week in Review


Another week in the books and another National Registered Dietitian Nutritionist Day celebrated. I take it all in good fun, but I really like to celebrate all the great dietitians in my life. I have had some pretty upstanding role-models and preceptors that have shaped my own career and philosophies about nutrition. It all started with an elective nutrition class in college that was taught by a Registered Dietitian that lead me to where I am today. And that I am grateful for. I hope all dietitians out there felt celebrated this past week and excited about what the future holds for our profession.


I discovered a new addition to my morning protein shake this week, matcha. Matcha is a supercharged green tea that is a fine powder. Matcha has antioxidants....

6.2 TIMES THAT OF GOJI BERRIES 
7 TIMES THAT OF DARK CHOCOLATE 
17 TIMES THAT OF WILD BLUEBERRIES 
60.5 TIMES THAT OF SPINACH

It is metabolism-enhancing, stress-reducing, age-defying, immune-boosting, cholesterol-lowering and cancer fighter. One cup of matcha has more antioxidants than 1 cup of regular tea and has around 130 times the amount of antioxidant EGCG than 1 cup of regular green tea. I put 1/2 teaspoon of this powdery powerhouse into my shake in the morning and I am awaiting my super powers to present themselves. Fingers crossed I can fly or I would be happy being able to complete a 10K that is quickly approaching in less than 5 weeks. 


I ended my week with some live music and fabulous friends. I am obsessed with music (because it has 2 things I am mesmerized by: people that can play an instrument and words). Brett Dennen was awesome live and the venue was perfect. Our group shared a bunch of laughs and some pretty stellar dance moves. I just can't get it "Out of My Head."


No comments:

Post a Comment