1.26.2014

Week in Review

One of my favorite parts of the month is when I get to hang out with all the K-3rd grade classes at Wright Elementary to teach them about picking a better snack with produce. This week we talked about mushrooms. I even learned a few fun facts:  there are over 5000 different types of mushrooms, they were first farmed in Kennett Square, Pennsylvania and this place provides 50% of all edible mushrooms to the world. Pretty fun stuff. It is priceless to see brave little ones try something and like it! I have to share my favorite mushroom recipe, who doesn't love a good burger?



Grilled Portobello Mushroom Burgers

All You Need:






Recipe adapted from: http://m.allrecipes.com/recipe/14497/portobello-mushroom-burgers


I do not own a dog (yes, I am a cat person) but dogs seem to love me. I have pooch boyfriends all over. Brody is my Waukee boy.


And Lucky is my friendly little man in Omaha. 


I got to spend some quality time with some people I love. Carter and I hung out and made funny Shrek faces while we watched at least 2 1/2 of the 4 movies. (I forgot how funny those movies are and even funnier in the eyes of a 3 year old). I also got to see my sweet family. It is always so relaxing and comforting to hang out at my original home with the original loves of my life. Getting homemade chicken soup and garden grown butternut squash as a parting gift wasn't so bad either. 

No comments:

Post a Comment