12.23.2013

Week in Review

The week before the holidays was a busy one!  I am sure you felt the same way. I got all my shopping done on a Tuesday morning and it was dreamy. Not busy at all and relaxing to purchase gifts.  I was so relaxed by the end of the day...nothing beats sitting in front of the fireplace. 


I was super excited to host my holiday party this year. We decided to go with a "Prom and Pizza" theme. It was fun to get dressed up in prom gear. I was able to sport my 1993 throwback dress (shocked it still fit). We are all still laughing about the night by reminiscing over photos and videos of the night. 


The week ended with a little snowstorm. I  went to sleep with nothing on the ground and woke up to about 6 inches of white fluff. My trusty snowblower worked like a champ and quickly got my driveway cleared. It was a cold day though!  I had to bundle up to get the job done. 


Since I worked so hard, I treated myself to a little hot chocolate after my cold adventure. I just have to share my recipe with you!  Hot chocolate is one of my favorite drinks and there is nothing like making it with dreamy whole milk. I never feel one bit guilty about a wholesome beverage made with milk because I know I am getting protein, calcium and Vitamin D, complemented by real chocolate that is made with milk too!  Now doesn't that beat a soda or energy drink? I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do! 

Dreamy Hot Chocolate: Serves 4
All You Need
4 cups of whole milk
1-10 ounce bag Ghirardelli Bittersweet Chocolate Chips (60% cacao)
2 vanilla beans, split and insides removed
1/2 teaspoon of cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
Whipped cream (optional)
All You Do
1. Mix salt and cocoa together in a small bowl.
2. In a medium saucepan, heat milk and vanilla bean paste until lightly steaming over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add in bag of chocolate chips until completely melted. 
4. Pour into cups and lightly sprinkle  cocoa and salt mixture on the top evenly between 4 servings. Add a teaspoon of whipped cream if desired. 



2 comments:

  1. Anne, I left a Christmas treat on your front porch! Merry Christmas! Gary & Paula Risius--I think I need your phone number!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Paula!

      Yes, got your beautiful and wonderfully delicious sweet treats. So thoughtful of you. I hope you and Gary had a wonderful holiday and next time I see you, we will exchange phone numbers. :)

      Delete