10.13.2013

Week in Review

Sunday night, and I am quietly sitting on the couch thinking about the last week. I cannot believe all the things that can happen in a week. Just when I think it's going to be a low key week. I started off the week in a very serious work mode. Lots of things on the agenda. You know things are serious when I actually need to wear my glasses (still cannot embrace this fully, but I am getting there).

We had a great turnout for our Start Somewhere Walk and getting Iowans to be the healthiest population in the nation. I am very proud we have gone from the high teens to #9 in the nation. Was very proud of all of our walkers!  The South Side is such a great part of Des Moines.

As the days went by, there were a few too many early mornings (in which I usually do ok with...on my own terms) but it got the best of me this week. I knew it was just a matter of time, but I did not notice until I came home from the gym and was taking them off. Oops!  I guess I am trying out a new trend.
I ended the week celebrating a birthday of a great friend. I got to have lunch with the new 35 year old and also have Sunday dinner with his family. Such amazing people and wayyyy too much delicious food. Happy Birthday Jason!  Here is to many many more happy ones!


No comments:

Post a Comment