1.03.2012

Historic Ties

I had the outstanding opportunity to grow up in a small town. The community centered around our church and schools. From 1st through 8th grade, I attended St. Mary's Regional Schools and could walk down the street to attend classes. I found out this past week, they want to tear down these historical buildings that define my hometown.

These buildings hold decades of memories for me, my parents and my grandparents. I will never forget going to the lunchroom for homemade lunches from Katherine and Donna, student council meetings in the library, basketball games in the gym, piano lessons in the music room, the memories are endless.

The buildings do need a little love but do not warrant demolition.  I hope that the other people that share fond memories of this history, find it in their hearts to keep tradition alive, cherish what they stand for and keep them.

What has happened in those buildings have helped make me the person I am today and that you can never tear down


No comments:

Post a Comment