12.22.2011

Holiday! Celebrate!

First, let me start by saying happiest of holidays to all of you and may this season be filled with faith, joy and love.

I get a little sentimental this time of year. I think of all the special people I am so fortunate to have in my life and I am humbled by all that I am blessed with. I am a lucky girl.

I love to receive all the holiday cards with pictures and updates of the growth during the year gone by. I also got this fun picture of my beautiful and newly 4 years old niece, writing her name so well. Again, sentimental during December.

Ok, I will stop the sighs and dry my teary eyes and think of the fun few days ahead. Enjoy all those you get the privilege to spend time with and enjoy the yummy food.

As far as the food, this is what I am bringing to the table.

Happy Holiday Cheeseball

1 8 oz pkg of fat-free cream cheese
1 5-6 oz pkg of goat cheese
2 tbsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup dried tart cherries, chopped
1/2 cup raw, unsalted pepitas (pumpkin seeds)

Softened and blend cheeses with 1/4 cherries and cinnamon.
Spread out the rest of the cherries and pepitas on parchment paper.
Roll cheese into a ball and place on top of seeds and cherries, covering cheese completely.
Refrigerate overnight for best flavors.
Serve with veggies and almond crackers.

Eat, sleep and be merry!

No comments:

Post a Comment