12.29.2010

As 2010 is almost over....

It has been a busy last couple of weeks for your dietitian. Nothing nutrition related, but holiday parties, parties and more parties, hosted by yours truly. I am closing out 2010 by hosting another party on New Years Eve. Since I have had 4 holiday parties so far, I have been contemplating what to do differently for appetizers, meal, dessert and cocktails.

This party will be with family and friends of all different walks of life, so I want to be accomodating without breaking the bank, so I turned to www.hy-vee.com to search for quick, easy, and healthy food options. I will be making vegetable pizza, seven layer dip with homemade baked pita and tortilla chips, shrimp cocktail scoops and pomegranate belinis (sparkling apple juice as well as champagne).

All very simple, delicious and festive for entertaining. My kind of recipes.

I hope this finds you happily celebrating the end of one year and the start of another.

Best wishes to you all as you ring in 2011!

Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment